If you work in public services, you don’t need us to tell you that the last 10 years have been grim. That’s why this election has to be about more than Brexit. Your vote can make sure that the voices of the hard-working people delivering public services are heard. Since 2010 we’ve seen:
- Hundreds of thousands of people across local government and other public services lose their jobs;
- Years of under investment in our NHS, resulting in hospitals unable to meet all their targets on waiting times for A&E and operations;
- Underfunded schools and colleges which is impacting on our children’s education;
- Cuts in numbers of police staff resulting in a growth in violent crime; and
- Pay rises pegged back and living standards yet to regain the ground lost after the finacial crisis.